This issue is one of the most multi-partisan shared concerns, and yet...
...we fail to recognize that everyday we earn money and spend money callously supporting the value of these institutions. Every time you work for any employer you are an employee of all their decisions. Every time you spend your money, every cent, you have the ability to think where that money is going. I would argue that your personal choices with money have a larger effect on the outcome of this country's future than any of your votes.
What banks finance your employer?
Where does your employer purchase their supplies?
Who are you supporting when you buy groceries, gas, shoes, cars, clothes, restaurants, legal/illegal drugs?
Are you willing to displace your own comforts to support these offenses you so passionately argue are rights everyone deserves?
- Is your bank funding the Dakota Access Pipeline? Time to find a new bank?
- Who's banking on the Dakota Access Pipeline
- Why do we know so little about human rights violations
- Apple, Samsung, and Microsoft accused of 'worst forms' of child labor abuse
- Landmark Human Rights Complaint Lodged Against World's Worst Polluters
- Amnesty International website's page on corporate accountability
- Amnesty International website's page on businesses and human rights
Credit Union Search Site