Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's My 30th Birthday!!!


What better day to launch my blog?!?

I started off my birthday celebrations last night with two of my favorite things in the same place at the same time. I helped my friend Michael Hebberoy, of 'One Pot' Dinners Fame cook lamb, artichokes with spring garlic and several other amazing middle eastern influenced dishes in a wood fired oven to a crowd that was 20 people over capacity for the small Cafe Vita loft.

The guests of the evening were The Master Musicians of Jajouka from Morocco. They played magnificently and reminded me of the many artist I was fortunate to grow up surrounded by and was able to play with like Hamza El Din, Zakir Hussein, and Ali Akbar. The food and music were both perfect to ring in my 30th birthday at midnight. Aywah!

1 comment:

  1. Man. I missed Master Musicians of Jajouka twice in one week. Unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete